Dysport® is a variant of the active ingredient in Botox®. It is manufactured by Ipsen Biopharm. Dysport was approved by the FDA in 2009 for use within the U.S. Like Botox, Dysport is used for treatment of dynamic lines and wrinkles of the skin and for muscle spasms like cervical dystonia. There seems to be no superiority of one brand over another and the choice of treatment is based on the physician’s experience and the patient’s preference.
Results of Dysport
The results of Dysport are often seen within 3 to 5 days and last anywhere from 3 to 4 months. Repeated Dysport injections in regular intervals seem to prolong the duration of efficacy.
Before & After Dysport Treatment (Use Slider to Compare)
Uses of Dysport
Dysport may be administered for the following uses:
- Frown lines or glabellar lines, also known as ‘11’s
- Horizontal lines across the forehead
- Crow’s feet at the side of the eyes
- ‘Smoker’s lines’ around the lips
- Bunny lines at the side of the nose
- For dimpled chin
- For elevation of the corners of the mouth
- Horizontal lines of the neck, also called platysmal bands
- For lateral brow lift
Dysport at Clinique Esthetique
At Clinique Esthetique, we do not store Dysport. If requested, an order will be placed immediately for use the following day or two.
Dysport treatment will be administered only by a Board certified physician, after a detailed consultation.